You can hire Church premises for your events. The letting fees are as follows:
- Schoolroom: £9 per session
- Schoolroom and kitchen: £11 per session
- Whole sanctuary, schoolroom and Kitchen: £18 per session
- Church members and associates: donations
A session is morning, lunchtime, afternoon or evening.
Please read the terms and conditions below.
Conditions for the Use of the Church Premises
Terms are as agreed on 8/4/18 and are to be reviewed on an annual basis by the church.
- The agreed fee for the use of the accommodation must be paid in advance of the hiring together with a deposit of £50, which deposit will be refunded within seven days of the hiring unless there has been any damage to the accommodation or the church’s furniture and equipment for which the user is responsible and in which the church shall be entitled to retain the whole or part of the deposit as security for the cost of rectifying such damage.
- The church retains control, possession and management of the accommodation and the user has no right to exclude the church from the premises.
- The User is responsible for all damage (other than fair wear and tear) to the accommodation or any of the church’s fixtures and fittings or equipment which is occasioned in whatever way by the use of the accommodation.
- The accommodation may only be used by the organisation and for the purpose and during the period indicated on the application form submitted to the church.
- The church may be entitled at any time on giving reasonable notice to the User require the User to transfer if possible to alternative or comparable space and accommodation elsewhere within the building.
- After the use of the accommodation it must be left in a clean and tidy condition with all furniture and equipment left in the same position as at the commencement of the hiring and the hirer must ensure that all lights are turned out and all doors and windows properly secured.
- The User must ensure that during the use of the accommodation that no person smokes and that no alcohol is supplied or consumed.
- The User must not leave in the accommodation any equipment, furniture or articles of any kind unless by prior written agreement from the church who reserve the right to charge a separate fee for the provision of any such specified and agreed storage facilities.
- The User agrees that the church accepts no responsibility for injury or loss to person or property arising out of the use of the accommodation apart from such injury or loss which arises from the church’s responsibility for the general maintenance of the accommodation and the User will keep the church indemnified against any claims for which the church is not responsible.
- The User has a responsibility to notify the church of any defect in the accommodation or in any of the church’s furniture or other equipment in the accommodation.
- The User will comply with the provisions of the church’s Health and Safety policy and will ensure that all those using the accommodation are aware of the appropriate safety procedures.
- The church may terminate this agreement immediately at any time if there is a breach of these conditions by the User.
- We require all external groups working with children, young people or adults at risk on church premises to:
- provide confirmation of up to date safeguarding policy and procedures;
- ensure all paid staff and volunteers have been subject to DBS checks, in line with national government guidance; see https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/dbs-checking-service-guidance--2
- be able to demonstrate that all paid staff and volunteers have completed the appropriate level of Safeguarding training.